Nostalgia...

My grand parent's - Ashok Kumar, K L Sehgal, Devika Rani (to the best of my guess)

My Parent's - Dev Anand, Sadhana

Mine - hmmm... The list is long Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor, Sanjeev Kumar, Rajesh Khanna, Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Da (Disco Dancer), Amir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Parveen Boby, Jeenat Aman, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Ayesha Julka, Juhi Chawla, Kajol, Ashwarya Rai, Preity Jinta...

What made me feel Nostalgic now -

There was this show in our office amphitheatre by Kay Kay. There were three of us, having passed schools in the early nineties, and long stopped taking note of which song is sung by whom. So we were thinking, we were sure that KK is famous, we also noticed him in his first album (Pal), but then what all film songs he is credited for. So I googled, and whoa "Tadap Tadap (HDDCS)" is sung by him, vow! And not just that, he has also sung in RHTDM and in DCH and the list was endless. His show was great, electrifying, especially when you are sitting close to those huge speakers. We were very pleased with his performance.

And then, one more thing struck me, when he was singing this "Sach Kah raha hai" from RHTDM, I noticed people, eyes closed, singing the song like I used to sing "Tadap Tadap" in my days. And then, people were demanding songs from Gangster and I didn't even know a single song from this movie. Man! the generation gap is apparant, and I am not that old also. Early thirties is not old, right? I won't say that they have stopped making good songs these days, its just that I have stopped following them. I take whatever is presented to me in those TV shows and that also when my wife leaves the TV for me after watching her soaps and my son after watching his POGO!

So the moral of the story is I am also now going into that age where I will remember MY songs with their artists etc and will see all these young (I am not old, mind you!) guys learning these new good songs by heart and loving them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coorg Trip

Web 2.0 Sites

In US...